Due to continued safety responses to COVID-19, we have made the difficult decision to cancel our 2020 summer camp. We hope you and your family and friends are doing well during this time. Thank you for your understanding and we look forward to summer 2021 with your campers.
At the Channel Islands Boating Center Watersports Camp we pride ourselves in providing first-class programs that take full advantage of all the amenities of the beautiful Channel Islands Harbor. Our watersports camp offers courses for all skill levels. Whether you are a beginner or have engaged in watersport activities for years, you can find fun, excitement and a challenge on the water. With a safety first attitude, our student instructors, allow all participants the opportunity to learn in a fun and safe environment. Whether the activity is windsurfing, kayaking, stand up paddle boarding or sailing, our camp is intended to teach the skills necessary for handling and maneuvering these vessels safely while learning proper etiquette and seamanship that is useful in all types of boating.
Children ages 8-15
- SUP/Kayak:8 -11
- Sailing: 12-15
- SUP/Windsurfing: 12-15
- SUP/Kayak: 12-15
All campers must show ability to wear a life jacket in the water and swim 20-50 meters.
Camp Dates 2020
One week camp session:
- Kayaking (8- 11)
- Sailing (8- 11)
- Stand Up Paddle Boarding/Windsurfing (12- 15)
- Stand Up Paddle Boarding/ Kayaking (12-15)
Session 1: June 22 – June 26
Session 2: June 29 – July 3* four day week
Session 3: July 6 – July 10
Session 4: July 13- July 17
Session 5: July 20 – July 24
Session 6: July 27 – July 31
Two week camp session:
- Sailing (12-15)
Session A: June 22 – July 2 * no camp Friday, July 3
Session B: July 6 – July 17
Session C: July 20 – July 31
Cost of Camp
- $210 for one week session for one of the following programs:
- Kayaking and Stand Up Paddle board
- Stand up paddle boarding and windsurfing
- $410 for two week session for one of the following programs:
- Please note: June 29 – July 2 camp is a four day camp week due to observing Fourth of July on Friday.
- $168 June 29 – July 2 one week camp
- $369 June 22 – July 2 two weeks camp
CSU Channel Islands Accommodation Statement
Persons who, because of a special need or condition, would like to request an accommodation should contact Disability Resource Programs at 805-437-3331 or email@example.com as soon as possible, but no later than 10 business days before the event, so that appropriate arrangements can be made.
The CSU Channel Islands Youth Watersports Camp operates Monday through Friday from 9:00AM- 4:00PM
- 8:30AM – 9:00AM Arrival, Check-In
- 9:00AM – 12:00PM Instructional Activities
- 12:00PM – 1:00PM Lunch & Land Games
- 1:00PM – 3:30PM Instructional Activities
- 3:30PM – 4:00PM Equipment Check-In and Clean-Up
- 4:00PM – 4:30PM Camper Pick Up
If your child needs to be picked up or dropped off during the schedule of a normal day, please contact the Camp Coordinator prior to that day. Special pickup or drop off MUST be pre-approved or take place between 12:00PM and 1:00PM or campers may be “on the water” and not accessible.
At the End of Each Day
At the end of the day all boats and gear must be put away and the dock must be cleared of all gear and equipment. Clean-up will begin no later than 3:30PM To encourage teamwork, no participant may leave until all boats and gear are properly put away. Participants will be ready to be picked up by 4:00PM All participants must be picked up by 4:00PM
Participants must provide their own transportation to and from the waterfront.
Participants must provide their own sack lunches and beverages, especially water each day of camp.
What to Expect….
Monday Morning Check-In:
Check in will be located at the Channel Islands Boating Center between 8:30AM and 9:00AM. Please be patient when waiting for your child to be checked in. We need to check in every child individually to make sure that they are properly placed in a group. We try to be as fast and efficient as possible however you should still allow extra time on Monday morning. To help the morning run more smoothly, you can do the following:
- Make sure your child has already applied his/ her sun block and his/ her is prepared with a lunch and plenty of water.
- Make sure that the Participant Packets are filled out completely (the release form must be signed and completed).
Once your child has been placed with an instructor:
- Put your child’s lunch and bag in the designated area. Participants and guardians are only allowed in the boat storage area when accompanied with an instructor.
After the first day, you will need to check your child in and out each day. Camp begins promptly at 9:00AM. If you know that they will be late or missing a day, please let us know at 805-437-2628 option 3.
What to Bring
The Channel Islands Boating Center Watersports Camp will provide all of the necessary gear and equipment for the participants. For your child’s safety and comfort both on and off the water, the following items are highly recommended for every class every day.
- Sunglasses (with “Croakies” or other tethering systems)
- Sun block (waterproof and 30 SPF or more)
- Flip Flops/Sandals
- Swim shorts
- Extra change of clothes
- Sack lunch (There will be no time to purchase a lunch during the day at the harbor. Please supply a lunch prior to arriving!)
- Plenty of water
- Any medications*
- Anything else that you may feel is necessary
*Note: Channel Islands Boating Center instructors will not administer any medications to participants. Please see exception on Registration online.
Lost and Found
Please clearly mark all of your child’s belongings. Please speak to your child about the importance of keeping track of all of his/ her personal belongings. All items left on the dock, or in and around the building will be placed in the Lost and Found box. Please check to see that your child has all of his or her belongings at the end of the day. The Channel Islands Boating Center Watersports Camp is not responsible for any items that are lost or stolen items.