Each class meets once on Saturdays for a total of 2 hours of instruction
This class will teach the basics to safely paddle throughout the harbor. Through a balanced educational approach of land demonstrations and on-the-water drills, participants will learn how to properly get on and off the board, proper stance, improve paddling technique, capsize recovery and how to navigate safely through harbor traffic. Cost: $30 for community members.
Schedule of Classes
|1||Saturday||9/15/18||1:00 p.m.-3:00 p.m.|
|2||Saturday||9/22/18||1:00 p.m.-3:00 p.m.|
|3||Saturday||9/29/18||1:00 p.m.-3:00 p.m.|
|4||Saturday||10/13/18||1:00 p.m.-3:00 p.m.|
|5||Saturday||10/27/18||1:00 p.m.-3:00 p.m.|
|6||Saturday||11/3/18||1:00 p.m.-3:00 p.m.|
*Payment for activities can be made onsite at the CIBC with credit card or personal check at the time of your activity.
How to Register
The CIBC uses an external scheduling program called IMleagues. IMleagues provides numerous advantages that benefit communication, the registration process, and scheduling.
IMleagues has a live support option should you have any difficulties along the way. The button is located in the top right corner of all the IMleagues pages.
How to Register
All participants are required to create an account on IMleagues.com:
- Click on the “Sign Up” button in IMleagues in the upper right-hand corner of the page.
- Under the Select School/Organization drop-down menu, please select or type in Channel Islands Boating Center.
- Complete the registration form and click the "Create Account" button.
- An activation link will then be sent to the email address you provided. Click the link in your email to login and activate your IMleagues account.
How to sign up for an activity:
- Make sure you have already registered as an individual by following the above steps to create an account.
- Find and click on the activity, date, and time that best work for you from the listed options of activities.
- Click the green “Sign Up” button on the activity page.
- Once you agree to the terms of the waiver and fill out the remaining information, click the blue “Create Team” button to be added to the list. If the activity is full, you will be added to the waitlist and should an opening become available, a CIBC staff person will contact the list in order of registration from first to last.