Whether the activity is windsurfing, kayaking, sailing or stand-up paddle boarding, the camp is intended to teach skills necessary for handling and maneuvering these vessels safely while teaching proper etiquette and seamanship that is useful in all types of boating.
Campers can select one specialized instructional activity for one-week activities (kayaking) or two-week activities (sailing or windsurfing/stand-up paddle boarding). Each day is filled with hands-on instruction, water and land-based games, water safety, and environmental education. Campers will visit the Oxnard Marine Center, hear from scientist from the National Oceanic Atmospheric Administration (NOAA), and hear from researchers from the Santa Rosa Island Research Station.
The 2019 Watersports Camp registration link: https://ciapps.csuci.edu/watersportscamp/2019/Schedule
Camp dates are June 17, 2019 - August 2, 2019.
Cost of Camp
- $200 for one-week session for one of the following programs:
- kayaking/stand up paddleboarding
- $400 for two-week session for one of the following programs:
- windsurfing and stand up paddleboarding
- kayaking and stand up paddleboarding
- Scholarship application link is within the application